Terms and conditions for our services to property owners
Dear Property Owner,
Please allow us to introduce ourselves.
SaidiaHolidayRentals is a group of friends who have been involved in property management and lettings on the Mediterrania-Saidia resort for several years now. What makes us unique is that we own property in- and actually live on the resort. We have personal first-hand knowledge of all the issues/challenges involved with owning a property on the resort. We also know the pleasures of living here. Of the four of us, three used to live in the UK, but have chosen to live here. Are we mad? Time will tell, but we are enjoying our life under the sun.
Our aim is to provide an excellent, flexible and personal service to you. We care equally for the property owner and for those visitors renting property so as to ensure repeat visits. We are committed to helping you make your property a profitable investment, because then our own purchase will be a good one too. We want the entire resort to be a success. It's in everybody's interest that this happens and we're doing our bit to make it happen.
We can offer property owners a complete and personal service, or do as much or as little as you require us to do. We live on AP6 on Mediterrania-Saidia, so by being close to your property we can respond quickly to issues and we can assist you and your guests whenever required at very short notice.
Because there are four of us (and we speak multiple languages) we can offer an unrivalled service to owners and visitors.
We realise that each property owner requires different services and we are flexible in providing these. Please take some time to read through some of the rental and property management service packages that we provide.
It is only right and fair that there are clear and precise terms and conditions between ourselves and you, the property owner. These follow below.
1. Please inform us of when you (or others) will be using your property. Calendar-management is a vital task. If you neglect to inform us that you property can not be used and we have accepted a booking, when the guest arrives we will endeavour to place the guests in one of our other properties - but any difference in price will be paid by you. If we have no availability, then the guests will have to be accomodated in one of the 5-star hotels on-site and once again any difference in fees will have to be paid for by you.
2. We will undertake property management duties and responsibilities for 1 year. You can terminate this agreement at any time, but one month's notice in writing is required. This is renewable each year.
3. We will undertake property holiday lettings duties and responsibilities for 1 year. You can terminate this agreement at any time, but one month's notice in writing is required. This is renewable each year.
4. You can ask us to undertake either or both property management and lettings management for your properties.
5. If we only have the lettings management role, then it is up to you to ensure that you have someone else perform the property management responsibilities. If your property is unfit for lettings, we will have to decline accepting bookings for your property until it is of an acceptable standard. If we have a booking for your property and when the guests arrive the property is found to be unfit, we will endeavour to place the guests in one of our other properties - but any difference in price will be paid by you. If we have no availability, then the guests will have to be accomodated in one of the 5-star hotels on-site and once again any difference in fees will have to be paid for by you.
6. As a rule, maintenance is carried out on your property as promptly and efficiently as possible. However, tradesmen and especially plumbers and electricians are in very short supply in this part of Morocco. Consequently, some remedial works might take longer than anybody would like. Please keep this in mind.
7. In the months of July and August we will only effect emergency repairs to properties. This is out of consideration for holidaymakers on the resort. If you require any DIY, installation or construction work to be done to your property, we can only do this in the non-peak months. Please give some thought to what works you will require to be completed by June and then give us a few months to arrange this as such works take a long time in Morocco.
8. You need to instruct us about how and where you would like monies owed to you to be paid. Moving money around in Morocco is not like in Europe. Morocco has strict exchange control laws and procedures. Please advise us of your preference and we will try to accomodate your wishes. It is a good idea to consult with us beforehand about this issue in case what is possible does not meet your plans.
9. If we are letting out your property, we are paid out of the monies we take in from the lettings activities on your behalf. This will also include property management fees if we are performing those duties too.
10. If we are only performing property management for your property, then we will require advance payment in Dirhams for this service.
11. All works requested by you should be paid for in full and in advance. It's how things are done in Morocco.
12. We will at all times endeavour to perform any repair, installation and enhancement work to the best of our ability and in accordance with your written instructions. In the unlikely event that the work done is not to your liking then we shall try and reach an agreement to mutual satisfaction. We are reasonable people and hope you are too.
13. We prefer to be paid in Moroccan Dirhams as our costs are incurred in Dirhams. Euros are our second-choice currency. British Pounds are welcome after that.
14. We strongly suggest that you take out your own insurance to cover any losses, accidents, damage, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which may arise out of or in connection with the letting of your property.
15. Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions shall be read and construed in accordance with the laws of Morocco and anybody asking us to manage or let out their property submits to such jurisdiction.
All enquiries should be directed via email to: email@example.com
We look forward to assisting you.
The SaidiaHolidayRentals crew.