The busiest time of the year for lettings is the Summer months. If you are thinking of letting your property out, it is advisable to have your property in a lettable condition before the Summer.
Morocco is a Third World country and as such it takes far longer than most foreigners would want to equip and furnish a property. If you know exactly what you're doing and have all the required proven contacts in place it can still take 3 months to get your property kitted out. An uninitiated novice can expect a 6-month learning curve and sense of satisfaction at the end.
Below is our step-by-step approach to getting a property in lettable condition. It is, of course, a rough guide and is based on a typical 2-bedroom apartment. Villas and duplexes will take longer if doing it yourself.
The Holy Grail is to have your property ready just before Summer in order to take advance bookings, so that your asset starts paying for itself as soon as possible. It is advisable to begin your tasks in January so as to be ready by June.
1. Have the property snagged and any repairs carried out - preferably before signing so as to have developer actually do the work.
2. Sign for the property and have a small celebration.
3. Arrange for insurance.
4. Have the locks on the property changed.
5. Arrange for water and electricity to be connected. (Physical connection can take up to 1 month.)
6. Have air-conditioning ordered and installed - before any furniture is delivered to avoid damage.
7. Have insect screens installed. (This can take 3-4 weeks from measure-up to installation.)
8. Have a glass window fitted in the utility room to prevent rainwater, insect- and bird damage. (This too can take 3-4 weeks from measure-up to installation.)
9. Select and order furniture and white goods - schedule delivery for after installation of air-conditioning.
10. Have the property thouroughly cleaned after all works have been done and before furniture arrives.
11. Take delivery of furniture and white goods - install and test. Leave manuals for appliances in a kitchen drawer.
12. Job done after about 2 weeks of intensive effort - have a big celebration.
13. Hand over the keys to SaidiaHolidayRentals to get the property paying for itself.
14. Sit back, relax and leave the rest to us.
Any enquiries you might have should be directed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to assisting you.
The SaidiaHolidayRentals crew.